Monday, August 22, 2011

On a steele horse I ride....

The last ride of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was amazing as usual. The views as well as the company are worth more than words can describe. After a tasty biker breakfast of tomato juice and beer we decided to hit the open road and begin our journey.


The wind in my hair and the sun on my back just like the old Irish saying, it was truly magical. As I am slowly turning my bike into a rat bike I thought it fit to add some of our wonderful bumper stickers, and fit it does as when your on a motorcycle the wind is all you hear and feel (Besides the freedom of the
Road).


I was inspired to turn my bike into a rat bike because of my good friend Wally, who owns an amazing one. His bike has won first place rat bike in more than one competition and won second place in the BIG DADDY RAT FINK bike show. It would have won first I do believe if the judges had known that it can make a mean Margarita with the blender that attaches to the back wheel.


Along the way we stopped at a little oasis in the small town of Nemo. Enjoying each others company as well a few cold ones, we relaxed and basked in the sunlight.


During our visit we were able to bear witness to some bikers who were hashing out there problems the old fashioned way, with a good ol' shootout. The object of course is to see who has the fastest draw and to be the last man standing. All in good sport unlike the wild west days. 


One of my favorite things about the rally is that you never know what you might see. Full of sin and debauchery as Michaela always says to me (which makes me snicker from time to time). The women of Sturgis are always showing some leg, and sometimes much more than that...


Many people think that Bikers are mean, but unfortunately they are sadly mistaken.
I have been to biker rallies since I was a child and as far back as I can remember at that. Dirty, smelly and a little bit scary from time to time they might be, but mean is one thing they are not.


During this fun time of the year Michaela Dawn and I decided to create a special treat. We have been slowly hinting towards this in our last few posts and now it shall be revealed!!! The one, the only, the original....




Sturgis Shotgun Jeans!! Now being sold on the shop!! These jeans have a unique look that you cannot find anywhere else. Send us your jeans and we will take them out into the black hills and kill them for you!! 
Check it out!



Theses babies are Wanted dead or alive!!

 {See you in the wind}

Crystal Dawn

No comments: